Monday, January 26, 2009

It all began with some Margaritas.....



Several people have asked how me and Tyler met so I thought I would give a recap on the blog. Back when me and Rachel first were roommates in August of '06, Tyler sent her a message on myspace and asked her her "hot roommate" was in the picture on her profile. At the time he was overseas in Iraq so I told Rachel it was ridiculous to even talk to him. In the middle of March after I got home from Springbreak in Panama City guess who showed up at our door..... Mr. Tyler. The three of us went to Chili's for drinks. After a few Margaritas, I whispered to Rachel that this kid was pretty cute. The only problem was that he was stationed in Waukegan with the Army (which is an hour north of Chicago). A long distance relationship was not an option. He stopped in again to see us in Champaign in May and I was hooked this time. He asked Rachel for my number after he left and I had to wait 6 long weeks to see him because he had to complete training in Fort Knox in Kentucky. When I finally got to see him in late June, we really hit it off. It was tough to keep the relationship going with him living all the way in Chicago, but we managed. I loved having butterflies in my stomach when riding the train up to see him in Chicago and seeing him in uniform of course. He got out of the Army in May and I graduated so now we are both closer to home and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment