Monday, July 27, 2009

The End is Here.... of my maternity leave anyway

My maternity leave is OVER! That's right, I'm headed back to work tonight for the good ol 7pm- 7:30 am night shift. I'm very sad about it of course. I'd like to think the picture above shows how Henry feels. It's like he's thinking,"Are you sure you have to go back mom? You mean I have to spend the nights with my Grandma Amy.... the one who takes lots of pictures of me all the time? C'mon Mom, why would you do that to me?" I really do hope that he is good for my mom tonight and actually sleeps because she's really the only person that can keep him until school starts again. We don't need her to get burnt out.



I wish he could wear onesies like this all the time as a reminder that I'm still his favorite.




He really likes his Dr. Seuss quilt his Aunt Julie made for him.





This is the most recent picture I have of us. He's getting a jumpstart on football season... with the way he eats he may not be able to wear this sleeper by the time its time for Eagle Football.

I'm very nervous about going back to work tonight. What if I can't handle the night shift anymore?? I haven't stayed awake all night long since my last shift at the hospital which was 8 weeks ago. I'm also nervous about c-sections & just getting back into the flow of working. While today has been full of mixed emotions, it has been kind of bittersweet. Henry woke up this morning and he was full of energy and SMILES! He's been grinning and half smiling frequently in the last week, but today it was definitely real. What an exciting milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment