Sunday, September 27, 2009

White Coats

There's a tradition in nursing school where you get presented your white coats. The ceremony for Lakeview College of Nursing was held two weeks ago. (A little behind on blogging but this was important so I couldn't skip posting this!) I was looking forward to the ceremony because 1. I'm a big dork and 2. I feel like its another step further towards completing my nursing degree. Of course, this exciting day was tampered when my babysitter called and said she couldn't watch Henry that day.... as I'm walking out the door to take him to daycare. I was frazzled and had no idea where to take him so I just packed him up and took him with me to school. My friends and the faculty were thrilled to meet/hold Mr. Henry thank goodness. I had finally gotten in contact with Tyler's mom and she was coming to get Henry but she didn't get there before the ceremony started. So here I am.... in my uniform with all of my fellow nurses and all faculty (including the dean) and I have Henry with me. I was just praying he didn't puke on me or even worse.... the faculty members that decided to hold him! The Dean spoke at the beginning of the ceremony and Henry thought that would be a perfect opportunity for him to fill his pants. LOL. Oh yes, he was grunting and making a bit of a scene while the DEAN was speaking. And, he has a tendency to suck on his fingers and lately he's been forming a habit of accidentally choking himself. So here's Henry, grunting and gagging. Thank goodness Tyler's mom sent me a text saying she was in the parking lot. The ceremony turned out okay, and me and my girlfriends had to get a picture to look back and laugh at when we graduate. From left to right: Holli, Kelsey, Jenna, and me. (I look huge because I didn't have my coat buttoned. Note to self, no need to look pregnant again.... button the coat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment